I was very happy to find that I had been nominated for a second award by Sofia over at Papaya Pieces. It’s great to know that people out there are enjoying what I’m writing, especially as I get so much inspiration and ideas from the wonderful blogs I follow. On a complete aside, I love the picture and think being nominated for a dragon award has a certain Tolkein-esque quality to it!
Anyhow, like before the rules are as follows; nominate other deserving bloggers for the award, and give 7 facts about yourself. I actually find it quite hard nominating people for these awards, particularly as there are a lot of blogs that I love and read on a regular basis, but don’t want to spam their site with these things if they don’t want them. As a result, if you got nominated last time I did this, consider yourself nominated again! (If you want it official let me know and I’ll happily add you in!) These following blogs are people I have discovered over the last few weeks and think you should take a look at!
The Tea Drinking English Rose
Canelle et Vanille
One Ordinary Day
Bake at 350
The Peckish Kiwi
Poppy’s Patisserie: Bunny Kitchen
omfg. so good.
Some great recipes in there and thanks to the nominees for a lot of great reading and inspiration!
And now, the obligatory 7 facts about me.
- For years I have held firm about my hatred of green tea. However, I’ve now discovered green tea with peach and cherry blossom. Addicted is not the word!
- My favourite places in the world at this moment are Dubrovnik, Berlin, Grindelwald and Cornwall.
- Microplane Graters and I do not get on – I have permanent grate-marks on my fingers from using it. However, somehow I just can’t keep away…
- I honestly don’t know what I am going to do with my evenings when the repeat of Season 3 of Masterchef Australia ends in a few weeks time.
- I have a tendency of getting songs stuck in my head and they will not go away! I’ve had ‘Call Me Maybe’ stuck in there for weeks now – it’s driving me mad!
- I love the sea – I wish I was there now!
- I hate all cold sauces – ketchup, brown sauce, mayonnaise, any thick cold sauce. I can’t even deal with cold soup from a can!
So there we are! Thanks again for the award and I hope you continue to enjoy! 🙂
As you can see, today I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the very kind Peckish Kiwi, who I would like to thank both for the nomination but also for introducing me to the wonders of New Zealand’s ice-cream flavours (a result of which is that I now want to emigrate!).
The rules of the blogs are as follows: to select 15 blogs you follow and nominate them for the award, and the to tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. Here goes then!
- Gluten Free Gus: Now I am not gluten free, however I still want to make pretty much everything on this blog. Definitely the mark of a good specific-diet blog if it has this effect on someone like me!
- Daisy and the Fox: A very recently discovered blog (actually though another of these awards, but one definitely worth reading. I also love the name, and wish I’d thought of it first!
- Le Pirate: Delicious food and lovely photographs – a winner all around!
- Honey and Jam: Again, a lovely site that makes me want to eat everything on it 🙂
- The Paddington Foodie: I am waiting to find a passionfruit just so I can try the melting moments – I am even daydreaming about them at present!
- NeonAnimalStash: Interesting and thought-provoking essays on literature, art and technology
- Warm Toasty Muffins: Baking and sweet things.
- Cupcakepedia: Anything and everything to do with cupcakes- recipes, art, crafts and beauty.
- Sugar and Spice Baking: Lovely recipes and pictures to make you laugh.
- Grub Blog: Delicious recipes of all types, for all occasions
- Cream Puffs in Venice: Cakes, biscuits, puddings – the works!
- The Aspiring Baker: This blogger is living my dream and I love hearing about the tasks at Le Cordon Bleu.
- An American Cupcake In London: Recipes and book reviews – this blogger is substantially adding to my reading and baking list!
- Pocketful of Sugar: More great recipes, both sweet and savoury.
- Rants, Raves and Rations: Discussions of both teaching and food, and simple afterschool recipes which as a fellow teacher a really appreciate!
- So Hungry I Could Blog: Sorry, I couldn’t keep it to 15, I’d have felt so guilty about leaving this one out 🙂
Enjoy! Some excellent reading here so go forth and peruse! The next part of the challenge says that I need to provide 7 facts about myself, to introduce myself, so here goes!
- A musician by trade, I play 5 instruments to a good standard (violin, piano, flute, clarinet and oboe) as well as being a singer. This doesn’t count the tin whistle or the few chords I can play on guitar – namely the song ‘Smelly Cat’.
- I love sitcoms, particularly, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls and 30 Rock. There is nothing that I cannot link to one of these and I will tend to compare events to scenes from one of these. Yes, I’m sad. However, I’m sure some of you also do this…
- I love travelling, particularly Europe. I want to visit every country in it, and feel very lucky to live in a country where this is possible.
- I applied to go to Cambridge University both due to the normal reasons (course, reputation, etc) and also because of the buildings. Seriously – they are so beautiful, it’s hard to believe they are university halls! I got accepted for postgraduate study and was very disappointed that a.) I didn’t actually get to live in one of these amazing buildings, and b.) the university wasn’t Hogwarts in disguise.
- I am seriously addicted to chocolate. It’s a terrible and delicious condition.
- My halls of residence at University were hexagonal, as when it was built they were for an all-female college, and it was believed that women were scared of right angles. I always wondered who would write such a study in the first place, let alone use it to base a building on!
- I really wish that I had written ‘The Hunger Games Trilogy’ and ‘Matilda: The Musical’ – I love both of them. However, my favourite musical is ‘Les Miserables’ and it made my day yesterday when two of my Year 10’s said that I looked like Eponine!
There we go, 7 random facts about me! Happy reading and see you back here soon!